Smach Z is a handheld gaming PC that allows gamers to play games from their steam library on this device that’s currently still being kickstarted. Out of the box there are over 10,000 games compatible that can be played from the steam store. Below are the specs for this interesting device.
- CPU: AMD Merlin Falcon RX-421BD (12-15w) SoC at 2.1 GHz
- Cores: 4/4
- iGPU: Radeon R7 at 800 MHz
- RAM: 4GB (SMACH Z) || 8GB (SMACH Z PRO) DDR4 2133 MHz
- HD: 64GB (SMACH Z) || 128GB (SMACH Z PRO)
- Screen: 6” FULL HD (1920×1080). Capacitive touch-screen.
- Battery: 5 hours of gaming.
- MicroSD Card Slot.
- USB 3.0 type C.
- HDMI video output connection.
- Wi-Fi connectivity 5.0 Ghz. 4G LTE mobile network connectivity (PRO model only)
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Front-camera 1.3-megapixels (PRO model only)
From a glance at the specs I find somewhat impressive yet underwhelming in the current world of gaming. It may be able to run a lot of games on medium settings achieving 30+ frames however, is this platform really capable of being future proof? One thing I truly like from this device is that it offers multiple Operating systems.
“When pre-ordering SMACH Z you can choose between Windows 10 or Linux.
- Windows 10: With Windows you have more compatible games and programs. However we won’t be able to adapt the OS to our console, so it may not be as easy to use as the Linux based system.
- Linux (SMACH Z OS): We’re able to modify and adapt the OS to SMACH Z creating a better interface and experience. We recommend choosing Linux for better performance. More and more games are becoming compatible with Linux with time; now there are about 2,500.”
Let us know what you think of this handheld gaming pc and would you be interested in purchasing one yourself?
I’m a young videographer with an ambition to be the very best, that no one ever was. To record them is my quest to upload them is my cause!