A week after Activision announced everything that they’re doing for Black Ops 4, the team at DICE finally “revealed” Battlefield V. I will have to say that the worldwide reveal stream was very underwhelming, even with having Trevor Noah as a host.
They had some developers in a “talk show” style format. For discussing a video game during a reveal, this was a very boring way of talking about it. Here’s what we know so far:
- The game will NOT be a pay-to-win system. You will unlock everything through gameplay progression
- The game is set in WW2 like the rumors suggested
- Gone are the Battlefield premium passes. DLC coming in the near future will be free for everyone to keep the community together
- Co-op mode is back for up to four players together
- A new gameplay mode called Grand Operations
- New vehicles, weapons, and customization for your soldier/class
- You will be able to make defensive strongholds in battle with a new feature called Fortifications
They also showed the “gameplay” trailer for Battlefield V, which was really full CG. DICE and EA are waiting until June 9th for EA Access players to get their hands on the game first. Then people who attend EA Play in LA for E3 2018 will get to try the game next. There was no word of anything Battle Royale related, so maybe DICE decided not to go that route. Take a look at the full reveal and the gameplay trailer and let me know if you’re going to pick this one up instead of BO4.
Justin is a content creator, amateur journalist, and in charge of the day to day operations of Gaming Iluminaughty. I love music and games almost equally. Check me out on all your social media for more thoughts.