For those who have been patiently awaiting more content for the co-op loot shooter Anthem, the March update just went live today. Update 1.04 includes new features such as:
- Legendary Missions: Allows you to replay critical path missions again with a much higher difficulty level. One mission will be available per day that has no limit on the number of times it can be completed. These missions offer a new challenge and require team coordination to achieve victory!
- Elysian Caches: Earn Elysian Keys by completing daily challenges. These keys can be used on Elysian Caches, which appear at the end of each Stronghold after the boss is defeated to unlock vanity and crafting materials. Opening an Elysian Cache creates loot for each member of the Expedition. There are 67 unique vanity unlocks available, including vinyls, victory poses, emotes, and arrivals. You will never get a duplicate vanity item! This is our first version of the ruleset for Elysian Caches in the game and we’ll look forward to your feedback and the data we gather from your play.
Loot changes include:
- Chests now have a chance to drop additional items and crafting materials in Strongholds, Freeplay, and Missions.
- Apex creatures now have a chance to drop additional loot, similar to the change made to chests. (Apex creatures include: Ursix, Titans, Furies and Escari/Luminaries)
- On GM1 difficulty and higher, Stronghold bosses will now drop more loot with a chance at additional Masterwork and Legendary items.
This update looks to be major as there were a lot of other things addressed like random bugs, fog walls getting removed in strongholds, and gear changes. Read the full notes here.
Justin is a content creator, amateur journalist, and in charge of the day to day operations of Gaming Iluminaughty. I love music and games almost equally. Check me out on all your social media for more thoughts.