Bluehole has been fairly quiet about PUBG updates since the release of the second map, but the rise of Fortnite has lit a fire under them it would seem. They took to Twitter today to reveal their content roadmap for the coming months.
In their blog post, they claim “this year we plan to build on that foundation and really start to polish our features, squash the remaining bugs and expand the game even further.” If you don’t have time to read the entire roadmap I’ll summarize things for you. In 2018 what you can expect from PUBG is
- A new smaller map for faster action-packed games (April)
- Improved visuals
- New Vehicles
- New modes
- New weapons and attachments
- Another new map
- in-game friends list and squad voice chat in the main menu
- limb and vehicle bullet penetration
- overhaul for the parachuting system
- overhauling our entire TPP and FPP animation systems to make things smoother
- Optimize the game more
- Improve sound
- More custom games options
Check out the images below as well!