Pokemon GO developer Niantic rolled out a new update for the Android and iOS game that fixes bugs, lets players change their trainer’s name and updates the design of the “nearby Pokémon” feature.
Notes that have been released for Pokemon GO’s latest update (0.33.0 for Android and 1.3.0 for iOS) include:
- Extra dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play Pokemon GO while traveling at speed. The game now asks you to confirm that you are the passenger of a vehicle instead of driver.
- Improvements introduced in regards to the accuracy of a curveball throw.
- The bug that prevented gamers from seeing ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws has been fixed, with XP bonuses making a return.
- Incorrect Medal icons have been fixed.
- Trainers can now change their nickname once.
- Issues with the battery saver mode on iOS have been resolved and the feature has been re-enabled.
- More Team Leaders visuals for Candela, Blanche, and Spark have been added.
- A new version of the Nearby Pokemon feature is being tested with a “subset of users,” with variation very much a possibility in terms of nearby Pokemon UI.
- Minor text fixes are also included.
Gamer..Drinker..Youtube video maker..I’m that guy that everyone knows.