NBA Live 18 made some major improvements to the gameplay department for Live. My biggest issue with this years game is the shallow game modes. There was a lack of game modes to hold my attention long term. The main thing my friends & I were looking for is a competitive pro-am mode similar to something 2K does.
We still haven’t gotten that, but EA is listening. Today they introduced a new 3v3 mode in their patch. Much of Live’s community has been asking for 3v3 to space the court and to give the ball hog dribble gawds a mode to play. 5v5 team play with those type of people ruins the game. Just sucks that this is only a 3v3 version of Live Run. We still need more. Check out the full patch notes below.
- 3v3 Live Run
- Live Run can now be played 3v3 or 5v5.
- Players can now search for a public or create a private 3v3 Live Run match
- Reward Crate Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where players would experience slow down navigating the menus with The One (Xbox)
- Fixed issue where players would be disconnected from the EA Servers when navigating into The One Store.
- Fixed issue where players would get a Reward Crate with 250 RP while in a lobby, resulting in the player being forced to leave the lobby.
- Create a Player
- Fixed an issue in which Carmelo Anthony’s Jumpshot was not unlocking for Created Players with a 79 Shot Off Dribble
- Fixed an issue where all of a player’s objectives would be reset after restarting a match within Pro-Am Tour.
- Ultimate Team
- Fixed Lonzo Ball not using his signature jumpshot in LUT games.
- Roster Update
- Updated Roster Transactions thru 11/15
- Updated player jersey numbers thru 11/15
- General Updates
- Made general stability fixes and improvements