Bluehole may be a year late, but better late than never right? They’ve recently posted on their PUBG website that it’s time to fix their battle royale game. They thanked the fans who’ve stuck with them over the past year and announced a new phase called “FIX PUBG.” During this phase, they claim they’ll solely be focusing on optimizing their game and fixing bugs. The first thing they did was drop a new patch. The patch fixes
- Limb penetration will be implemented (if a player model’s hands or limbs are blocking a more vital area, bullets will now deal full damage for that area).
- Graphics “sharpening” will be added as separate toggle in the settings.
- You’ll be able to mute individual teammates while in-game.
- Quality-of-life improvements are coming to colorblind mode.
- Quality-of-life improvements are also coming to loot stack splitting (more control).
- Vehicle sounds will be reduced when driving in first-person perspective.
- You’ll be able to adjust your FPS cap (including by setting it to “uncapped”). [*]You’ll also be able to set your in-game FPS cap and lobby FPS cap separately.
The only thing their website doesn’t mention is how long this “phase” will last? I would hope for as long as the game exists. They’ve been needed to stop adding new features and fix their foundation. If you’re on Xbox One know that the patches will soon come to your platform as well. Time will tell us how this one plays out.