So far we’ve only seen the typical exclusive games come to Nintendo’s Switch platform. Games we’ve come to expect such as Mario & Zelda. But what about the people who are looking for something different from the Switch?
You might want to look into Daemon X Machina. This title was originally revealed during E3 2018, but it was hard to tell what it was. Nintendo just released some bits of footage. This new Gamescom 2018 trailer reveals this is something akin to a mech anime. I took the liberty of checking out the official website and it gives a bit more insight into what you can expect from this Switch exclusive.
“A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to Nintendo Switch. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Choose and equip your Arsenal with a multitude of weapons, obtain more from downed enemy Arsenals, and swap them on the fly to suit your strategy in the face of ever-changing threats.”
- Kenichiro Tsukuda is well known for his work developing the Armored Core series. He and his talented team have developed this brand-new title with the goal of making it “the best mech action game” out there.
- The character designs were created by Yusuke Kozaki, who also worked on the Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates games.
- Mech concept designs were created by Mr. Kawamori, who also worked on the Armored Core series and the Super Dimension Fortress Macross series.
- The player’s avatar is fully customizable with a variety of options.
- Each Arsenal can be equipped with different weapons on its arms and shoulders. The player can also equip back-up weapons on its back and swap them out during battle.
- Arsenals can battle freely in the air and on the ground.
- Grab objects in the environment, like cars and street signs, and use them as melee weapons or projectiles!
- Defeated enemies may drop ammo and weapons, which the player can obtain and use on the fly.
- Online and local wireless multiplayer modes will be available in the full game.