The Pokémon Company is celebrating their 20th anniversary and one the ways they are celebrating is giving away legendaryPokémon the entire year. You will be able to download your favorite legendary Pokémon starting Feb 1. The first Pokémon up is Mew, which makes complete sense. This Pokémon was the last Pokémon of the original 151. Mew was first introduced to the series, back in Pokémon Blue, Red, and Green. Back when “Gotta Catch Them All” was life. Players can download one rare Pokémon a month for any of their Nintendo 3DS Games(Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X & Y).
The rest of the Legendary Pokémon you can grab from either GameStop or through the Nintendo Network this year are as follows:
- Celebi: March 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Jirachi: April 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Darkrai: May 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Manaphy: June 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Shaymin: July 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Arceus: August 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Victini: September 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Keldeo: October 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Genesect: November 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Meloetta: December 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
Just a reminder, Mew will be available for download until May 31st, so if you’re interested make sure you grab your Nintendo 3DS and go through the Nintendo Network or Gamestop to secure your legendary download.
The resident athletic nerd who has a passion for gaming, tech & fitness. System Analyst by day & gym rat and Twitch streamer by night. Former Football & Track & Field Division I Student-Athlete