Pokemon Go had its moment back in July, but the keyword here is “had.” Since they hype has died, so has the player count. Niantic has been slow to roll out Gen 2 Pokemon & when they finally did; one was Pichu.
Now they’re finally delivering something that’s been promised since the game originally launched. The Apple Watch version of the game. To entice people into downloading it there’s been some exclusive features implemented into the Apple Watch version. According to our informant, those features include
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded