Bungie just concluded their Destiny 2 live stream where they revealed the game to the world. It kicked off with a never before seen cutscene asking the hard questions such as “What makes a gun a gun?” That was followed up by more fake deep quotes about forging fire and some other nonsense.
The CG cuts and it’s followed by a Bungie developer talking on stage. He revealed a lot about Destiny 2 and I took the liberty of taking notes while watching the show. This is all the news worth knowing.
- Pvp will now offer 4v4 modes
- It’ll be easier to find someone to do a Raid with
- The campaign is much more narrative driven. There were cutscenes all throughout the gameplay giving context.
- The story is about dealing with the loss of their home base and vaults
- Strikes are back
- New hud tells you info such as if your enemy has their super ready
- New attack-defend mode called Countdown
- Exploring will be bigger than ever
- You can launch all the activities in the game without going to orbit
- 4 brand new worlds
- Destiny 2 will feature clans (roster control, custom banners + rewards)
- Guided Games allows you to pair up with other clans for activities
- Beta coming this summer
- Destiny 2 isn’t coming to Steam. It will be on Blizzard’s Battle.net launcher (Like OverWatch/Heroes Of The Storm)
My opinion. I think Bungie did a GREAT job of appealing to their core fanbase. I think they did a terrible job of selling the game to people on the outside like me. There was a lot of lingo used in this presentation that I didn’t understand. The presentation felt exclusive and not inclusive for those who didn’t buy the Taken King DLC. I’ll give the beta a try this summer.
Anyways, did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll update the article. I’ve also included some of the trailers that dropped since the conclusion of the presentation. Who’s preordering Destiny 2?