The official Call of Duty WWII reveal stream recently concluded. If you missed it, then know you didn’t miss much. It was mostly just a bunch of middle-aged men patting one another on the back about their success. In the midst of that, we did a get a short trailer which revealed a much grittier take on the Call of Duty franchise. I was taking notes during the stream and here are the key things I took out of the reveal.
- There will be no regenerating health. You’ll have to rely on your medic (at least in the campaign.We don’t know about multiplayer)
- If you’re low on ammo you’ll have to get some from a comrade (at least in the campaign. We don’t know about multiplayer)
- They’re claiming this to be the most “visceral” Call of Duty ever. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a bro shooter, but instead focuses on the horrors of war and brotherhood.
- They’ve spent years doing research on locations and recording the real sound effects of the weapons and vehicles of the era
- The game won’t shy away from social issues of the day (racism, sexism ect.)
- A beta will be available for those who preorder the game
- Multiplayer reveal will be at E3 this June, so I’d assume the beta will be after June too.
- Call of Duty WWII drops November 3rd, 2017 for PC, Xbox One and PS4
Did I miss anything that was noteworthy? Let me know in the comments below. Feel free to check out the reveal trailer below.
Just a content creator using his influence to create an outlet to express his views on pop culture