The game that changed the gaming world is set to bring yet ANOTHER update to the PC version of No Man’s Sky. The latest update from November 27th seems to have people flocking back to the game and actually giving positive reviews! The game is comfortably sitting at #2 on the Steam Top Seller list, so maybe this is a turn for the better? Now there is another patch coming that will address some more issues:
- Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A click or button press will dismiss this screen.
- Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.
- Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.
- Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory. Note: this is a preventative fix and won’t fix the issue for those who have already experienced this bug. We have a cure for those who have experienced on the way, it’ll be released in our next patch.
- Following player feedback, we have clarified messaging when being given tech that you already know.
- Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).
- Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.
- Running the game via the .exe file should no longer give Steam Init errors.
Whenever the patches are stable, this patch will come out. No word on the console version at this time.